Me: "I think it's because she is sick and she has to take the pill."
Kid: "I thought fasting will heals the sickness."
Me: "You are right, honey. I think she should try to fast if she is strong enough to do it. We know that fasting can heal the sickness and any diseases."
Kid: "ya, ibu. Fasting can make us healthy, insha Allah."
The Benefits of Fasting
- teaches patience.
- strengthens the body and cures some diseases.
- comforts the stomach.
- teaches us how to be merciful and compassionate with the poor.
- teaches us to organize our eating and drinking habits
- increases our good deeds.
- heal a host of minor (and sometimes major) health disorders.
- help you lose weight and keep it off.
- cleanse your body of metabolic wastes and toxins.
- improve your skin tone and health, making you look younger.
- stimulate new cell growth, making you feel younger.
- strengthen your immune system and natural defenses.
- improve glandular health and hormonal balance.
- increase mental clarity.
- enhance your moods, enjoy a more positive outlook.
- give you more energy and enthusiasm.
- enhance your spiritual connection.
Those Who are Exempted From Fasting
- The sick
- The traveler
- The elderly who physically unable fasting
- The pregnant woman or a breast feeding mother who feels that she may cause harm to herself or her baby if she fasts
- The woman during her menstrual period or post-natal bleeding
Let's teach our kids about the important of fasting.